Saturday, December 10, 2011

First Nail Polish Post!

You may have noticed I reorganized my blog a bit. Under exaggeration. Let me know what you think of the new style. And today's post:

As someone who always wanted long nails but couldn't stop biting them, I've finally found that keeping them pretty stops me from biting them. So as you can imagine, I've been a little obsessed with painting my nails lately. Unfortunately since I typically play volleyball three times a week I still have to keep them shorter than I'd like so that they don't break off far enough down to make them bloody and painful (which has happened by the way, and damn, ow).  

Here are some of the ways I painted them for Halloween this year.


  Above: Blood drips. 2 coats Sally Hansen diamond strength nail hardener, 1 coat Maybelline salon finish Go Currant Raisin Sauvage for the blood, and 1 coat Seche Vite fast dry top coat.

  Above: 2 coats Sally Hansen diamond strength nail hardener, 2 coats of both green and purple (the green is China Glaze Paper Chasing (which stained my nails REALLY yellow even through the two base coats), the purple is Sinful Colors Let's Talk), and 1 coat Seche Vite fast dry top coat.



Above: Pokéballs to go with my Pikachu costume. 2 coats Sally Hansen diamond strength nail hardener, 2 coats China Glaze french bliss Ooh La La White, 2 coats Sally Hansen diamond strength Honeymoon Red, Sinful Colors nail art Time Off for the black and 1 coat Seche Vite fast dry top coat.

This was the first time I used something other than tape to make a design; the tip of a bobby pin for the circles. Could have been better, could have been worse. It'll take some practice to get better at that.

No comments: